We’ve talked about changing the microbe stage soundtrack for a while now. Most of these songs are years old and some members of the community think that they need a rework or that we need new tracks. We are still discussing about this so no decisions so far are final, but you can expect to see more discussion about this in the coming weeks.
There have been many new Pull requests lately, we also released two new devbuilds during this week, one featuring the new Resource gathering tutorial and another with the new microbe editor UI. Both available for our patrons as usual.
We are starting to work on a tutorial. Just like in older versions, once again there will be a tutorial for those new to the game. If you are a patron, you can already test it for yourself. Also a lot of new developers joined us this week, mainly composers and programmers.
There was a lot of discussion on the forums. Several new features were proposed, most notably, unlocking new organelles, proteins and enzymes randomly instead of having them all available from the start. Since this is a big change and we are still debating about it, we also made a thread on the community forums where you can vote on these decisions.
There’s a new devbuild available for our patrons. It includes the changes listed in the previous progress update and a few new things, like balances to the spawn system and marine snow and UI improvements.
One of the main issues that came after the godot port was resource spawning, often leaving the player in barren environments. Obviously that needs to be fixed, and that’s what we’ve worked on this week.
Today we bring you a new bugfix release! It should fix most crashes and some bugs, like the rigidity slider using MP when it shouldn’t. It also brings some minor GUI and graphical improvements. You can check the patch notes here. We also updated our launcher to a new version, which, as always, you can use to download the new release.
Another release, another feature discussion thread. For now, it looks like we are going to improve the spawn system (which hasn’t been worked on since 2014), work on a tutorial, add a proper population algorithm and add binding agents, among other things.